Exactly what is an Age-friendly Community? What are the challenges and opportunities? And how do you go about creating one? Now is your chance to find out.
An hour-long webinar at 10am on Wednesday 16 August 2023 being run by the Centre for Ageing Better will provide all of the answers. You can learn about the WHO Age-friendly Communities framework and what can be achieved through becoming one.
An Age-friendly Community is a place where people of all ages are able to live healthy and active later lives. These places make it possible for people to continue to stay living in their homes, participate in the activities that they value, and contribute to their communities, for as long as possible.
This one-hour webinar will cover the basics of Age-friendly Communities as defined by the World Health Organization, and provide practical examples from UK members on their journey to become better places to grow old.
This webinar is designed for:
• People who have heard about the Age-friendly Communities approach and want to learn more.
• People who are interested in taking the first steps in making their place Age-friendly.
• New members or partners of existing Age-friendly Communities.
This webinar will cover:
• Why we need Age-friendly Communities.
• Frameworks for thinking about the ‘what’ and the ‘how’ of Age-friendly Communities.
• Inspiring examples of Age-friendly work from members of the UK Network.
• How Ageing Better and the UK Network can support your community’s next steps.
You can find out more on https://ageing-better.org.uk/events/an-introduction-to-age-friendly-communities
Or register to join here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_6RHo_B3nSuG5TD-ebVX1xg#/registration